Certain foods can be a trigger such as sugar. Sugar is bad! The immune system goes haywire with sugar. It creates an overactive immune system that makes any inflammatory condition worse! An anti-inflammatory diet can aid in the healing of the body. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids are important in your diet. Which foods contain omega-3 fatty acids? Wild Sockeye Salmon, Flax seed, avocado oil, first cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, sardines, algae, and krill are just a few examples.Our body cannot make omega 3- fatty acids so you need to consume it. Omega 3-fatty acids may reduce inflammation so you may want to give this a try with your doctors okay. Never change your health regiment without consulting with your personal physician. Of course, never stop any medication without your doctor's okay. Omega-3 fatty acids is great for your brain! Now, the Omega-6 fatty acids for some contribute to the inflammation. Sometimes the symptoms are not immediately visible. What are some symptoms that indicate inflammation?
4. Loss Of function
What are some things that you should do immediately to reduce inflammation?
1. Stop Smoking-This is inflammatory and it hardens your arteries.
2 Exercise-Moderate. At least 30 minutes
3. Mediterranean diet: fruits, veggies, olive oil and nuts. Search for a diet that works for you.
4. Measure your waist size!
Women- over 35 inches may indicate high inflammation within your body
Men- Over 40 Inches
5. Get a good nights rest according to the amount that your body needs.
6. Stress-Reduce it! Stress keeps you in a state of inflammation. Implement tools such as meditation, music therapy, yoga and other soothing activities.
7. Eliminate or avoid harmful environmental toxins.
8. Incorporate certain teas such as white, green and oolong teas twice a day.
9. Add spices such a tumeric, ginger, garlic, cinnamon
10. Try to keep your body slightly alkaline.. Over acidic bodies will create inflammation. 80 percent of your food should be alkaline and 20 percent acidic. This is called the 80/20 rule.
11. Eliminate acidic foods from your diet. Reduce or better yet completely eliminate Fast food.
12. Avoid hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. Avoid Corn, cottonseed, safflower and soybean oil. Instead Use: use coconut oil, olive oil, flax seed oil, hazelnut oil, walnut oil, hemp oil.
13. Read your labels! Avoid refined sugars: High fructose, corn syrups, artifical sweetners, Use instead Stevia, xylitol,
14. Avoid white flours,enriched flours and white potatoes. Instead use: milllet, quinoa, amaranth, the non gluten grains.
15. Toss out processed meats! red meat triggers inflammation. Careful when on a low carb diet. Instead: wild caught fish, cold water fish-wild salmon, sardines, anchoives, halibut, etc.
16. Milk out! Definitely causes inflammation! instead use almond milk, coconut milk, hazelnut milk, hemp milk. By the way hemp milk is a drink made from the hemp seeds. It is a creamy nutty drink. Okay, yes it is from the Cannibus sativa plant -same place that mariuanna comes from but when you consume it by eating you are not getting the "drug" part of the plant. Most manufacturers of Hemp derived products will place on the label Zero percent of THC which is tetra hydro cannabinol.You will not get "high". Hemp seeds are rich in Omega -3 fatty acids .
17. Check out your gut. Poor gut health creates an inflammatory state. Careful with the antibiotics because they remove your healthy "gut" bacteria too.
18. Out with the coffee! oooh, so hard but a must for us inflammation sufferers. It's just gotta go! Instead incorporate some health juices not soda or bottled juice but rather fresh juices. Lets not go overboard, one fresh juice a day okay. How about wine, alcohol? Choose not to but if you do one drink per social event.
19. Drink great water! Pure clean water. Our bodies are made up of 70 percent water so you need to drink water! Dont drink water as you eat or at least too much of it because it will interfere with your digestion.
Studies clearly indicate that chronic inflammation is the root cause of many serious ailments including Alzheimers disease.
Remember Inflammation is a natural response by your body to protect you from infections/or harmful microorganisims. You need healthy inflammation to heal wounds but when it becomes out of control then this can create problems for the body.
Please do not use this information as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with a medical professional or your primary physician before undertaking or changing your health regiment. This is an opinion based blog/podcast and it is designed to encourage you to further your research on any subject matter of interest to you.
May this day offer you just what you need in each unfolding moment.
Smiles and Hugs,
Your Rosary Maker